Iowa State University Olsen Building Office Suites
Renovation of 5,000 square feet of locker rooms in the Olsen Building into office space for the Athletics Department marketing staff.
- Reviewed existing HVAC system and determined suitability for new use of space. Existing systems located on the roof above the renovated area serve adjacent spaces.
- Reconfigured/modified the existing HVAC systems for use in the renovated spaces.
- Reconfigured the existing plumbing systems to serve the renovated spaces.
- New architectural lighting was provided for the renovated areas.
- New receptacles and power was provided for the new mechanical equipment. Power was obtained from existing panels.
- Reconfigured the existing fire alarm system and extended it to serve the renovated spaces.
- Provided cable pathways and device rough-ins for support of Owner-furnished flat panel displays and support equipment, as well as security/access control systems.
- Provided new communications outlets and cable for the renovated spaces of the building and routed cabling to the existing Telecommunications Room M1421. Existing outlets were removed or relocated.
- Primary and secondary cable pathways were provided as required.
- Developed cabling schematics and telecommunications room plans and details.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography