Renovation of the existing courthouse expanded courts services to the former county jail and former Wellmark building.
- The building is heated by means of gas-fired sequential boilers that heat water, which is distributed to terminal heating devices by means of a steel and/or copper piping system and centrifugal circulation pumps.
- All existing plumbing fixtures were replaced and additional fixtures added.
The Southwest Briefing Station is the newest division in the Oklahoma City Police Department. A bond issue provided the funding to split an existing division that covered a too-large, under-served area. Division boundaries were redrawn and 130 officers were assigned to the new facility.
- Design of heating and air conditioning systems from rooftop package equipment to furnace units, direct expansion cooling coils, and air cooled condensers.
Alvine Engineering is developing bid documents for a complete renovation of the Nebraska State Capitol HVAC systems. The high-rise Capitol is a registered historic landmark with highly ornate preservation areas including State Supreme and Appellate Courts, Governor’s office suite, and legislative chambers. The building has a base pedestal of three stories, and a high tower ending on the 15th floor below the dome.
The design completely isolates the auditorium structure from the rest of the building to ensure the ideal acoustics required for a state-of-the-art facility.
- Certified LEED Gold.
- Coordinated modeling was used to ensure mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and technology devices were placed in discreet or unseen locations to preserve the iconic architecture.
- Use of in-slab heating systems on the floors adjacent to the exterior glazing systems to offset chilled or radiant cooling.
- The main performance hall is served by multiple zones of underfloor displacement ventilation systems to allow custom coverage and increase energy efficiency for smaller audiences.
- The HVAC system design includes multiple air handling units to provide optimal energy efficiency in areas that are not being utilized.
- Building material selection gave careful consideration to withstanding humidity and temperature changes. The selected materials also optimized energy savings.
- The liberal use of horizontally and vertically curved surfaces required cutting-edge Revit customization to ensure accurate collaboration.
Alvine Engineering provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering systems design for this development in the heart of an established urban neighborhood. All of CO2’s living spaces feature modern upscale design elements. Offering one- and two-bedroom apartment units and a fantastic penthouse, CO2 spaces also include fireplaces, private balconies, and two bathrooms in each unit.Read more...
Blocks from the home of the College World Series, the NewSteet building sits on the northern edge of The Yard, an urban redevelopment project. This mixed-use residential complex will encourage a live/work/play lifestyle and contribute to the vibrant growth of north downtown Omaha. The 5-story structure will have studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment units. The project will include 6,600 square feet of ground floor retail as well as a second-level amenity space and leasing office.Read more...
The Fifth + Broadway Development project will transform Nashville’s old convention center area into a vibrant mixed-use area with retail, residential, office, dining, and entertainment. The 20-story residential tower will include 350 units over a 5- to 6-level embedded parking garage, and retail space allowing residents to experience the artistic and cultural scene of Music City.Read more...
This residential tower features a mix of studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom floor plans. Located in the entertainment center of the River North neighborhood and just steps from the Central Business District, Wolf Point West offers unrivaled amenities including an outdoor pool and sundeck, a state-of-the-art top floor fitness center and spa, along with a top-floor outdoor terrace with fire pits, and indoor/outdoor dog lounge.
Wolf Point West also provides direct access to over 100,000 square feet of park, landscaped planting beds, a river walk, and pedestrian areas.Read more...
The Woodlands at John Knox Village is Florida’s first Green House Project that features intimate neighborhoods of private rooms on each floor. The facility consists of seven floors and 144 private rooms. Six of the floors are designated for residential living and a community area with a multi-purpose room, dining bistro, salon and spa, and a rehabilitation center on the ground floor. Each residential floor has two Green House homes including 12 bedroom suites with private bathrooms surrounding a hearth living room, kitchen, and dining area.Read more...
This facility offers a senior care model that allows independent living residents the possibility of transferring to assisted living care without leaving the home they have come to know. To facilitate the option for a more advanced level of care, the 107 units are wheelchair-accessible, with lowered counters, and walk-in showers. Other amenities available for residents include a pub, a bistro, a room for religious services, a salon and barbershop, exercise facilities, a movie theater, and a private dining room.Read more...