Doug Alvine, P.E., LEED AP
Doug Alvine is President of Alvine and Associates, succeeding the founder and his father, Raymond G. Alvine. Over the past three decades, Doug has had the privilege of working alongside many talented engineers, technicians, and operations staff, who have helped expand the firm’s geographic footprint and market sector presence.
Alvine and Associates, along with its two divisions, Alvine Engineering and IP Design Group, serve clients and projects throughout North America and virtually every market sector, including corporate, higher education, multi-family, hospitality, healthcare, data centers, and more. In addition to leading the firm’s strategic growth, Doug has led the firm’s effort in significant consulting engineering areas, including sustainability, regenerative design, healthy building design, and resiliency strategies for the built environment.
Doug has been actively involved in advancing the engineering profession, engineering education, and giving back to the community at large. Career affiliations include:
- University of Nebraska President’s Advisory Council
- University of Nebraska Durham School Advisory Board
- University of Nebraska Architectural Engineering Program, Adjunct Professor
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)/Nebraska, Past President and National Director
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)
- Mechanical Contractors Association of America
- National Electric Code Instructor to the Construction Industry and Industry Professionals
- Heartland Family Service Executive Committee
- Saint Margaret Mary Parish Council, President
- Archdiocese of Omaha Construction Review Board
- Together Board of Directors, Chairman
- Sheltering Tree, Board Member