University Hospitals Authority and Trust (UHAT) M. Dewayne Andrews Academic Office Tower
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
136,000 GSF, Parking for 583
The M Dewayne Andrews Academic Office Tower provides UHAT with a facility that helps complete their mission and enhances the quality education it provides to future physicians. Included in the facility are physician offices with business, administrative, and conferencing spaces.
New skywalks were constructed to connect the academic office building to the Williams Pavilion to the east and provide users a route to the current skywalk between the University of Oklahoma Medical Center and The Children’s Hospital.
The M. Dewayne Andrews Academic Office Tower is a 9-story building which was classified as a high-rise with all the associated requirements including a fire command center, fire pump, and stair pressurization system. Alvine Engineering provided fire protection engineering utilizing a multi-zone ventilation analysis computer program to optimize the amount of air needed for the stair pressurization system and minimize the shaft sizes.
- AIA Central Oklahoma 2018 Citation Award Winner
- Performed computer simulation and design for perimeter floor-mounted chilled beam systems.
- Developed computer simulation and design for overhead chilled beam system.
- Developed computer simulation for predictive performance of chilled beam system versus traditional HVAC system and calculated initial cost and overall return on investment.
- Provided analysis for underfloor air delivery system, utilizing dual-path air handlers on each floor.
- Developed HVAC systems that performed 17% better than required by the University design guidelines.
- Designed web-based lighting control system to allow complete rezoning and flexibility of lighting systems as the dynamic interior spaces are renovated.
- Developed lighting systems that were 20% below the allowable lighting power density.
- Designed the HVAC systems to provide one of the highest energy efficiency uses of the campus district steam and chilled water.
- Developed strategies for solar hot water heating system.
- Developed modular power distribution systems to facilitate additions, moves, and changes which can be implemented overnight if needed by the building users.
Learn more about projects similar to the M Dewayne Andrews Academic Office Tower by viewing our higher education portfolio.