Office Tower: 1.1 Million GSF, Park: 1.5 acres, Parking: 1,650 stalls
River Point sets the standard for ultramodern office space in Chicago. The 52-story office tower is ideally located in Chicago’s downtown West Loop on the edge of the Chicago River. The project also includes a 1.5-acre plaza and river walk covering the existing rail tracks and opening the site to a new river walk. River Point creates unparalleled work space in Chicago by featuring an advanced fitness center, a formal restaurant, and three levels of underground parking.
A sophisticated exterior and interior design by Pickard Chilton Architects complements the extraordinary views of the Chicago River, Wacker Drive, and the Chicago central business district. The project offers dramatic world-class architecture, efficient interior design, and outstanding views from all of the office floors.
- LEED Platinum
- AEI 2018 Best Overall Project Award Winner
- The 1.1 million-square-foot building provides efficient 27,000-square-foot typical floor plates, with maximum space planning flexibility for the large user.
- By utilizing a condensate water collection system, 1.5 to 2 million gallons of potable water are saved annually rather than used for irrigation of the outdoor plaza.
- The tenant floor terminal equipment consists of series-type fan-powered terminal units (FPTU) with energy-efficient ECM fan motors and double wall construction with internal acoustical attenuation as required to maintain an NC 40 or lower.
- The building management and control system is an electronic-based direct digital control micro-processor based system. The system is configured with two local area networks; a management level network and a field level network.
- A snow and ice mitigation system for the angled portion of the top of the tower was designed in collaboration with the snow and ice consultant to ensure ground-level pedestrian safety.
Photography credit: ©David Sundberg/Esto