University Hospitals Authority and Trust (UHT) College of Medicine Academic Office Building
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
136,000 GSF, Parking for 583
A project of the University Hospitals Authority and Trust (UHT), the new office building for the College of Medicine provides a facility that helps complete their mission and enhances the quality education it provides to future physicians. Included in the facility are physician offices with business, administrative, and conferencing spaces.
The UHT Medical Administration Building was classified as a high-rise building with all the associated requirements including a fire command center, fire pump, and stair pressurization system. Alvine Engineering provided fire protection engineering utilizing a multi-zone ventilation analysis computer program to optimize the amount of air needed for the stair pressurization system and minimize the shaft sizes.
- Performed computer simulation and design for perimeter floor-mounted chilled beam systems.
- Provided analysis for underfloor air delivery system, utilizing dual-path air handlers on each floor.
- Developed HVAC systems that performed 17% better than required by the University design guidelines.
- Developed lighting systems that were 20% below the allowable lighting power density.
- Designed the HVAC systems to provide one of the highest energy efficiency uses of the campus district steam and chilled water.