Bellevue University, Educational Services Building Addition
Omaha and Bellevue, Nebraska
The Educational Services Building is the latest addition to the Bellevue University campus. The design team created a building built into a hillside. A stunning 3-story waterfall is the centerpiece of an open atrium. The Alvine team provided MEPT services for this unique stepped structure. The facility houses administrative office space, a conference center, an auditorium, and a new campus data center.
- Designed to accommodate future IT expansion and load growth of three times the initial load.
- Final build-out of 1800 square feet and 750kW of critical power and cooling capable of sustaining a continuous load in excess of 410 Watts SF.
- Tier III, concurrently maintainable, system design to accommodate any single point of failure in the MEP system.
- 12 KW per server enclosure of cooling capacity without the use of a raised floor.
- Comprehensive computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analyses to verify cooling system design.