Bellevue University, Educational Services Building Addition
Omaha and Bellevue, Nebraska
The Educational Services Building is the latest addition to the Bellevue University campus. The design team created a building built into a hillside. A stunning 3-story waterfall is the centerpiece of an open atrium. The Alvine team provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and technology systems design for this unique stepped structure. The facility houses administrative office space, a conference center, an auditorium, and a new campus data center.
- Designed to accommodate future IT expansion and load growth of three times the initial load.
- Final build-out of 1800 square feet and 750kW of critical power and cooling capable of sustaining a continuous load in excess of 410 Watts SF.
- Tier III, concurrently maintainable, system design to accommodate any single point of failure in the MEP system.
- 12 KW per server enclosure of cooling capacity without the use of a raised floor.
- Comprehensive computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analyses to verify cooling system design.