Four Partners Place
New: 77,000 GSF, Data Center: 14,000 GSF
The University of Oklahoma chose to consolidate six data center operations into one state-of-the-art Tier II/III Consolidated Data and Network Operations Center. Alvine Engineering was retained to perform the planning and design for the new data center. Our team engaged the top University leadership and data center stakeholders in an interactive planning process that identified current needs as well as those 10 to 20 years into the future. The University was concerned about “right-sizing” the data center as well as investing in the appropriate level of redundancies for operations. Alvine assisted the University in identifying the computing functions that were adequately served by a Tier II infrastructure system, as well as those critical functions that required a Tier III level of backup.
- LEED Certified.
- Multipurpose 6-megawatts-capacity data center accommodating several specific client requirements:
- High-density cooling with up to 15 kilowatts of cooling per server enclosure
- Disaster recovery site for health center servers maintaining PCI compliance
- Dedicated rows for single-corded and dual-corded equipment with precise electrical monitoring of equipment loading on the UPS Coordinator
- Data center structure has been designed to FEMA 361 standards to provide asset protection in the event of a tornado.