Educare of Winnebago
Educare is a collaborative effort between the Ounce of Prevention Fund and the Buffett Early Childhood Fund. The program offers year-round care and education for economically disadvantaged children from birth to five years of age. Educare also hosts parenting classes, health, community and job fairs, and serves as a meeting space for non-profit organizations. Educare Winnebago is the first school to serve a Native American community and combines their typical best practices with activities that honor local culture and traditions.
- Complete building energy management.
- Fully-sprinklered wet pipe fire protection.
- Outdoor and exhaust air heat recovery distributed to individual heat pumps.
- Special consideration was given to the temperature and air quality at child level, plus or minus 36 inches above finished floor.
- Mechanical system utilized an energy-efficient ground heat exchanger system for the heat pumps. Multiple vertical pipes were installed in the ground to heat and cool the building.
- Ventilation air was pre-treated with energy recovery ventilators to increase energy efficiency.
- Interior and exterior lighting design, including accent lighting and parking areas. All lamps are required to be “shielded” to protect children from shattering glass.
remote monitoring capabilities.