Enable Midstream Partners
Enable Midstream Partners owns, operates, and develops specific natural gas and crude oil infrastructure assets. For their Houston office, the company relocated to One Shell Plaza, a 1.1 million-square-foot tower in downtown.
Alvine Engineering designed modifications to the existing MEP and technology systems to leverage the existing systems and infrastructure while coordinating with the Architect and Owner to accommodate the new space requirements.
- Supplemental cooling systems were designed for 24-hour operation of selected areas on each floor to provide a comfortable working environment during evenings, weekends, and holidays when building systems are turned off.
- An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system was designed to provide continuous power to specific areas that the tenant needed for continued operations in the event of a power loss within the building.
- The existing lighting control system, comprised of wireless lighting control devices, was modified to accommodate the new space layout and provided daylight harvesting controls for perimeter spaces.
- The lighting control system and motorized shade system were integrated into the audiovisual system in conference rooms so that there was one user interface for the multiple systems within each room.
- Meeting room schedulers and the associated software were designed for meeting rooms and conference rooms.
- The existing technology systems in the tenant space were inventoried and utilized within the design of the renovated spaces in order to leverage the existing infrastructure and maintain the project budget.
Photography credit: Dee Zunker Photography