The original facility, constructed in 1921, was outdated and required the use of portables to accommodate the student population. Alvine Engineering provided mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design services for the program renovations within the existing Lincoln Public Schools facility and for an addition that includes six general purpose classrooms, gymnasium/multipurpose commons, restrooms, and support spaces as necessary.
- Building improvements were designed to minimize maintenance.
- New additional geothermal well field was constructed to the south of the existing building. The existing well field was flushed and purged, then leak tested and connected to the new well system.
- New HVAC system design included water source heat pumps, an energy recovery unit, and an all new Direct Digital Control system.
- New power service and power panels were provided for the entire school. A new indoor generator was also included in the design.
- Plumbing systems were updated and ADA-compliant boys and girls restrooms were created.
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for a serving kitchen were designed.
- New fire alarm system was provided and fire suppression sprinklers were designed for the entire building.
- New technology systems were designed, including TV cabling.
- Security systems were added and a security vestibule was created at the front entry location.