Ida Freeman Elementary Media Center Addition
Dedicated to providing all students with a well-rounded education, Ida Freeman Elementary, part of Edmond Public Schools (EPS), encourages creativity and incorporates STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) into daily curriculum. To further this mission, a 2015 bond issue approved a library/media center addition to the school. The new space also serves as a storm shelter, providing protection for up to 650 people.
- Complete HVAC systems consisting of packaged rooftop units, air distribution ductwork, and piping systems were designed.
- Standalone ventilation systems comply with ICC-500 requirements.
- New fire alarm system for the addition connects into the existing fire alarm system in the elementary school.
- Design of lighting and lighting control systems including emergency egress lighting.
- Communication systems pathways, power, and grounding.
- Electronic video surveillance system within the addition and renovated spaces includes cameras and connection to existing video surveillance headend equipment.
- Category 6 cabling infrastructure for video surveillance cameras and coordination of termination location with EPS. (Video surveillance cameras are IP-based and connect to the existing EPS network.)
- Design of the intrusion detection system within the addition and renovated spaces includes devices, termination equipment, cabling, and connection to existing headend equipment.
- Intercom system within the addition and renovated spaces includes loudspeakers, call-in switches, and infrastructure. The intercom system connects to the existing headend location within the school.