Irving Community Center
Alvine Engineering partnered with the architecture firm, REES Associates, on the City of Ada Irving Community Center. Previously, the City of Ada utilized a small and outdated building, but since the construction of this space, the city now offers community members a broader selection of amenities and activities.
The center is comprised of a barbershop, classrooms, dining area, kitchen, large outside seating area, library, lounge area, offices, a multipurpose room, and designated space for crafting, including a pottery room with a kiln.
The outside area features parking, a walking path, community gardens with raised beds, and an outdoor patio with a fireplace. The building entrance features a covered drop-off area and convenient handicap accessible parking to accommodate all community members.
- Installation of general lighting, including recessed downlights and accent LED lights.
- Design of HVAC units that consist of high efficiency packaged rooftop units with gas heat.
- Installation of fire suppression systems.
- Design of electric distribution systems, including connection to a new electrical service.
- Coordination and location of the telecommunications room with the design team.
- Installation of an audiovisual system for the center’s movie room, including sound reinforcement, video presentation, and control systems.
Photography credit: Mel Willis Co.