Learning Community Center of North Omaha
The Learning Community Center of North Omaha offers several learning programs in one convenient location. The Center houses the first north Omaha location for the Learning Community, and offices for Educare of Omaha and Metropolitan Community College. Programs are designed to improve educational outcomes and include innovative early childhood education, family skill-building workshops, parent outreach and learning sessions, and training for community childcare providers and instructional team members.
Program spaces include classrooms, offices, conference rooms, a shared kitchen, and an indoor play area.
- Systems to provide heating, ventilating, and air conditioning include one roof-top VAV unit with electric cooling and hot water heating are utlized. A second VAV air handling unit is located indoors and utlizes electric cooling and hot water heating. Individual HVAC zones are served by VAV terminal units with hot water reheat coils.
- High-efficiency condensing gas-fired boilers are used to provide heating water.
- The HVAC system is controlled with an electronic digital control system.
- An underground chamber was built beneath the facility to collect and slowly release stormwater runoff to minimize the building’s impact on the surrounding land.
- Pathways for telecommunications, data, and audiovisual systems were provided.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography