Lewis Central High School Performing Arts Center
The Lewis Central High School fine arts auditorium seats 1,100 people, making it the largest performing arts facility in Council Bluffs. In addition to the auditorium, Alvine provided MEP engineering for the multipurpose room, black box theater, meeting and classrooms, a scene shop, a wood shop, and storage areas.
- Designed theatrical lighting for both the auditorium and the black box theater.
- Expanded career technical education space and performing arts scenery shop areas to feature a dust collection system and compressed air.
- Developed an acoustical model of the spaces to perform analysis, determine acoustical parameters, and evaluate the proposed building materials.
- Provided acoustical design, including ceiling clouds and wall treatments, to provide acceptable sound quality and distribution throughout the auditorium.
- Designed audiovisual system equipment and supporting infrastructure for classrooms, the auditorium, and the multipurpose room.
- Designed expansion to existing electronic access control and intrusion detection systems for support of new building addition.
Photography credit: AJ Brown Imaging