Niobrara High School and Elementary Addition and Renovation
45,000 GSF High School
35,000 GSF Elementary
It has been over 100 years since the first Niobrara Public School was built, but with the passing of the 2013 bond, the school district received new spaces including a replacement of the middle/high school classrooms, a gymnasium, media center, centralized administration space, locker rooms, and a pre-kindergarten classroom. The project also included the renovation of 35,000 square feet of facilities below the hill.
- Designed a new HVAC system and lighting for the existing elementary school and gym annex buildings.
- Electrical systems were upgraded in the existing buildings.
- Designed standard school clock, intercom, paging, and gym sound systems.
- Vertical water source heat pumps were installed to provide individual classroom temperature comfort control.
- Rooftop water source heat pumps were utilized to serve large spaces like the weight room and gymnasium.
- Perimeter doors are electronically controlled with key-card access. Visitors are required to pass through the administrative space to enter the building.
- Designed telecommunications system cabling.
- Designed raceway and power connections for door access control.
Photography credit: Philip Daubman Photography