SSM Health St. Anthony Healthplex
El Reno, Oklahoma
Located in El Reno, Oklahoma, the SSM Healthplex project consists of a new, 17,740-square-foot facility with a 2-story entry that includes an emergency department and outpatient diagnostic services. The facility’s multiple functions required Alvine Engineering to work closely with multiple stakeholders to find innovative solutions within the project’s budget while meeting the project’s needs.
- Designed a new HVAC system for the space.
- Medical gas design was also provided.
- A 500 kW emergency generator was specified to provide 100% backup for the emergency department portion of the building, plus partial backup of the remaining portions of the building. This will allow the emergency department to continue operating at full capacity in the event of a utility power outage.
- LEDs were chosen for lighting design throughout the facility and dimming is available in many areas for both patient comfort and energy conservation.
- Daylight harvesting in the lobby will provide additional energy savings.
- Fire protection design includes fire suppression (both wet-pipe and dry-pipe) and fire alarm design.
- Design of pathways and rough-ins for telecommunications and nurse call system.
- Coordination with the vendor for medical imaging equipment, including CT and X-ray.
Photography credit: Joseph Mills Photography