Tenaska Energy Corporate Headquarters
Tenaska Energy, an extremely dynamic company, is rapidly expanding in the global energy marketplace. For the first time, the company brings approximately 300 employees together, with room to grow, at their corporate headquarters.
Amenities include open work and collaboration spaces, a fitness facility, a technologically-advanced executive boardroom with adjacent serving kitchen, a café with catering services for meetings, a data center, and an 18,000-square-foot state-of-the-art trading floor.
This headquarters incorporated sustainable features that include a green design that uses natural light and raised-floor systems for air and cable distribution.
- Building received Energy Star Certification as a result of extensive systems analysis and planning, earning a score of 86 out of 100.
- Tenaska required an emergency 800 kW diesel-powered generator to provide backup support for its mission-critical loads.
- Occupancy sensors and manual switching control lighting systems were included.
- Diverse and dual service provider entrances to maintain uninterrupted connectivity for the building and trading floor.
- Electronic access control and video surveillance system developed through strategic planning sessions with the owner to ensure appropriate building security.
- Sound masking system was designed for open office areas to promote a more confidential working environment.
- Each of the trading room floors have 10 wall-mount audiovisual displays that are connected to the MATV system and a thin client PC to display trading information.
- Project was produced completely in Revit with Revit as-built models.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography