Western Nebraska Community College Pioneer Residence Hall
15,600 GSF Addition, 23,400 GSF Renovation
With views of the Scotts Bluff National Monument, Pioneer Residence Hall is a 3-story residence hall offering single and double occupancy rooms with community bathrooms, options for private suite restrooms, and a lounge on each floor. Students in Pioneer Residence Hall have access to a dedicated computer lab, laundry facilities, and student kitchen.
- Renovation Services:
- Replaced current HVAC system with a 4-pipe system
- Replaced plumbing system in core, concurrent with restroom renovation
- Replaced restroom core exhaust system
- Replaced lights in restroom and core
- Revised existing sprinkler system as needed for the renovation
- Expansion Services:
- Provided new HVAC system for new residences. This system is a stand-alone DX system not connected to the existing chiller/boiler.
- Provided new lighting for expansion
- Provided new plumbing for expansion
- Provided new fire sprinkler system for expansion
- Relocated chiller and transformer
- Provided new telecommunications room within expansion
- Provided horizontal station cabling and related pathways approximately two voice/data outlets per apartment with a total of approximately 50 (connected to existing building system).
- Provided telecommunications room layout and grounding systems
- Provided door card reader security/monitoring system for perimeter door
Learn more about our higher education portfolio.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography