Western Nebraska Community College Student Success Center and Performing Arts Theater
The Western Nebraska Community College’s (WNCC) Main Campus Building is a multipurpose space that lives in the heart of campus and serves as a gathering spot for WNCC students. The additions to the facility includes the “C” store, food service, meeting and study rooms, and a new Learning Commons and Student Success Center.
To go along with the list of modernizations, the campus theater within the WNCC Main Campus Building also underwent a total transformation. The overall layout of the theater was renovated to create a true front and back-of-house for the audience and student performers.
- Alvine Engineering designed all new HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems for the facility addition.
- The existing theater was provided with an underfloor heating and cooling system.
- An addition included a student union with a glass wall that overlooked south campus. The glass wall was heated by a floor mounted radiant heating system.
- Designed new mechanical and electrical systems for the theater portion of the project, including plumbing, non-theatrical lighting, power to the theater consultant’s lighting, new fire alarm for the whole building, and general power to the theater.
- Designed an emergency generator for life safety systems in the theater.
- Designed telecommunications rooms and data cabling infrastructure to support owner network, audiovisual systems, and security systems in the new addition and renovated areas.
- Designed digital signage within the public spaces that utilizes existing Owner-furnished software.
- Provided videoconferencing for the staff collaboration spaces and conference rooms.
Learn more about our higher education portfolio.
Photography credit: Sampson Construction