300 North LaSalle
1.35 Million GSF
Chicago’s downtown technology district now includes one of the city’s top destinations for high-rent tenants—300 North LaSalle. The 58-story skyscraper houses corporate offices, a 225-car parking garage, outdoor plaza, waterfront café and retail, an attached conference center, and fitness center. Located between the beautiful Chicago River North neighborhood and the eminent Chicago Loop precinct, 300 North LaSalle offers sweeping views of the Chicago skyline and stunning views of the Chicago River. This prestigious business address is designed to accommodate efficiency and flexibility in interior planning and to provide abundant natural light and dramatic views.
- Certified LEED Platinum for Existing Buildings and LEED Gold for Core and Shell.
- One of 300 North LaSalle’s innovative water and energy saving features is the use of water from the Chicago River. The water is brought into the building to reject heat from the chillers, saving millions of gallons of water and chemicals each year. The building’s cooling system utilizes river water in lieu of domestic water as the condenser water for the HVAC system. This eliminated the need for cooling towers on the roof of the building and the need to rely on domestic water.
- The HVAC system saves the owner considerable operational and equipment costs as well as 10 million gallons of water evaporation annually by using condenser water supplied by the Chicago River. This use of the Chicago River is pioneering a new role for local landscape in urban development.
- The tower is extremely energy-efficient with a façade clad in richly articulated glass and stainless steel. The curtain wall and internal space planning maximize the introduction of daylight while minimizing solar gain.
- Tower has a 50% green roof planted with low-growing indigenous plants.
- The client’s accelerated schedule required creative solutions, consensus-driven teamwork, and constant communication.