Arts District Parking Garage
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
837 Parking Stalls, 22,000 Retail GSF
Situated in the heart of Oklahoma City’s Arts District, the 10-story, mixed-use garage provides 837 spaces and more than 22,000 square feet of retail and office space. The facility is significant to continued business growth downtown as current parking systems are full to capacity, preventing companies from expanding their workforces.
TAP Architecture won the top award for architectural achievement and garnered an award of merit for design from the International Parking Institute. Alvine Engineering also provided systems design for the finish out of approximately 1,085 square feet for a minor medical clinic located in the first floor shell space.
- Designed HVAC systems including variable refrigerant cooling and heating equipment.
- Designed plumbing systems including all plumbing fixtures, domestic water piping, sanitary sewer piping, and sanitary vent piping in accordance with applicable code for the tenant finish area.
- Designed new fire protection system and a remote generator fuel fill supply system for emergency operations of the system.
- Designed fire alarm system to monitor fire suppression system and notify occupants of an alarm.
- Designed pathways and rough-ins for Owner-specified and provided telecommunication, CATV, audiovisual, and security systems.
- The project received the International Parking Institute Award for Architectural Achievement.
Photography credit: TAP Architecture