Brickline at The Mercantile
375 Units, 640 Parking Spaces
Brickline offers a best-in-class luxury apartment opportunity for residents looking to live in downtown Omaha. The five-story residential complex stretches across two blocks and wraps around a 640-car garage. Located in Omaha’s historic Old Market District, residents can select from a diverse offering of floorplans across 375 units and the “work-live” studios that feature first-level commercial space with a residential area on the second floor.
- 2023 Development of the Year, Omaha award winner.
- Designed comfort cooling mechanical systems for residential and amenity areas and the core and shell future retail.
- Designed large storm retention vaults that collect all of the storm water.
- Parking garage is pulled away from the building from three of the four sides to ensure that it is naturally ventilated and allowed for lower operation costs and maintenance.
- Designed a snow chute that pushes the snow from the top of the garage to the ground.
- Strategic locations of transformers around the building and meter centers in the building to allow for efficient conductor runs and utility personnel access.
- LED lighting in the units and common areas for energy efficiency and quality light.
- Developed the lighting and power layout with the landscape architect to activate the Harney Street promenade.
- Master planning of the electrical service and distribution for the development to allow for future utility expansion for the larger campus.
- Amenities include a golf simulator, outdoor pool, outdoor shade structure and barbeque, community room, study rooms, and lounge with specialty lighting and controls to meet the resident’s needs for flexible uses of each space.
- Equipped with a co-working lounge that features private call booths and workstations for residents to use and community-wide high-speed WiFi.
- Telecommunications service entry coordination with local service providers.
- Video surveillance cameras for the leasing area, clubroom/amenity area, view entrances coming into the building, loading dock, and strategic exterior areas.
- Access control card readers for all building entrances and from the garage into the building.
Photography credit: Greg Folkins Photography