City of Carroll City Hall and Public Library
Formally known as the Commercial Savings Bank building, the space was gifted to the Carroll, Iowa community in 2016 to expand and relocate both the city hall and public library. The two-story library is equipped with an all-glass lobby and spaces that were designed for the community, such as a theatre seating for up to 50 people for events, concerts, movies, with a landing at the bottom of the staircase that doubles as a stage. The renovated City Hall brings the City Council chambers onto the same floor as the city offices for the convenience of the community.
- Designed heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for the renovated facility.
- Provided design of energy management (temperature control) systems.
- Designed domestic plumbing systems.
- Designed fire protection systems.
- Provided design for electric services and power distribution systems.
- Designed interior and exterior lighting and lighting controls.
- Provided design of security and video surveillance systems.
- Designed telecommunications (voice and data) systems.
- Designed audiovisual system equipment and supporting infrastructure for the social stair and lobby, community room, council chambers, media room, and conference rooms.
- Audiovisual systems included video presentation equipment, content collaboration equipment, sound reinforcement including loudspeakers and amplifiers, audiovisual control system for input and output selection, digital signage displays, and videoconferencing equipment.
Photography credit: Alex Michl, OPN Architects