The Discovery Hall building combines current programs located across campus into the first STEM building to serve rural Nebraska. It features state-of-the-art labs for virtual design/construction simulation, mechanical products and mechatronics, virtual reality space, hydraulics/pneumatics, computer sciences and technical server room, applied sciences, physics, engineering and research, in addition to a full-motion simulator and ITEC Testing Center.
- Designed according to LEED Silver specifications.
- Exploration of renewable energy sources.
- Energy modeling to aid in system selection and overall code compliance.
- Acoustic consulting, including architectural room acoustics, space modeling, building material recommendations, mechanical noise and vibration control, and sound isolation.
- Audiovisual system including video presentation, audio reinforcement, presentation methods, and source selection control system.
- Telecommunications systems, including building service entrance, telecommunication room termination equipment, backbone cable between telecommunications rooms, horizontal cable to work area outlets, wireless access points, and video surveillance cameras.
- Electronic access control system including device locations, headend equipment, and door hardware coordination.
- Electronic video surveillance system including cameras and headend equipment.
Photography credit: Alan Jackson with Jackson Studios