First National Bank Omaha Tower Renovation
1 million GSF
The Tower at First National Center was built to accommodate the First National Bank of Omaha offices in the heart of downtown. To create a more collaborative and healthy office environment for employees to return to work, our team designed new mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and technology systems to renovate specific floors of the 45-story building.
- Pursuing WELL Certified Platinum.
- The open workspace design has a unique power distribution to workstations and other furniture that allows a direct line of sight to the views of the Omaha skyline.
- Integrated lighting design with customized lighting controls to provide employees with a modern and inviting space. Capabilities include customizable lighting output levels for each control area on each floor to counter the daylight available throughout the day.
- Designed MEP systems to support a full-service kitchen for employees with private dining, wellness suites, and quiet areas.
- Designed waste stream diversion to sort landfill, recycling, energy bags, and composting waste.
- Led the effort to bring management, technical staff, and departmental users together to create a new standard for meeting and collaborative spaces across the entire FNBO enterprise, yielding a commonality of user experience, regardless of space type.
- Designed several new technology-rich training spaces tailored to active-learning.
- Re-imagined the client-facing spaces to boost engagement by leveraging large-scale, direct-view LED walls, architecturally embedded displays, and soundscapes.
- Designed audiovisual systems for “ME” spaces, such as focus and rejuvenation rooms. As well as “WE” spaces, including collaboration, boardroom, common and learning spaces, and training rooms.
Photography credit: AJ Brown Imaging