Mustang Performing Arts Center
Located on the Mustang High School campus, the state-of-the-art performing arts center houses two theaters, the primary 1,500-seat auditorium and the secondary black box-style theater. Additional spaces within the performing arts center feature a scene shop, music library storage area, along with a multitude of classrooms, rehearsal spaces, and support areas for the students and performers. The facility also includes the drama and choir departments and is the primary location for the performing arts events for the school district.
- Designed complete heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, consisting of packaged rooftop units, air distribution ductwork, humidity controls, and piping systems.
- Provided design and development specifications for HVAC automation and control.
- Designed plumbing systems, including all plumbing fixtures, domestic water piping, domestic hot water generation, sanitary sewer, vent piping, and storm drain.
- Designed fire alarm and annunciation systems.
- Designed electrical power distribution system and grounding system.
- Designed lighting and lighting control systems, including emergency egress lighting.
- Performed acoustical modeling to determine the acoustical parameters for each space, and provided recommendations for the quantity, locations, and types of treatments required, as well as required angles for wall and ceiling reflectors for adequate sound coverage throughout the space.
- Provided sound transmission analysis of critical spaces in order to properly isolate and minimize noise into and from adjacent spaces.
- Provided audiovisual system design for the auditorium, including sound reinforcement, speech amplification, assistive listening, video presentation, recording capabilities, and control.
View projects similar to the Mustang Performing Arts center by visiting our Entertainment/Performing Arts porfolio.
Photography credit: Simon Hurst Photography