Nursing and Allied Health Facility
Alvine Engineering provided mechanical, electrical, telecommunications, and audiovisual systems engineering for this facility constructed on the Three Rivers Port Campus of Connors State College in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
The state-of-the-art education facility meets the needs of an expanding nursing education department. The facility provides much needed student space for hosting shared programs with Indian Hills Technology Center. In addition to classrooms, laboratories, and office space, program spaces include a new campus Student Success Center, two computer labs, simulation rooms, observation rooms, exam rooms, and a debriefing room.
- Lighting controls with occupancy sensors throughout the building to reduce energy consumption.
- Multi-level lighting controls within the nursing skills labs allowed adjustment at each of the individual bed locations, and multi-level switching in the common areas to facilitate the multiple instructional scenarios that occur within the skills lab.
- Within the lecture hall, electrical outlets were integrated into the seating areas to provide power for student laptops and tablets. Floor boxes provided multiple locations for a podium. The space included two projectors and projection screens as well as monitors located in the middle of the space to ensure students had clear sight lines to the video displays.
- Rooftop units for classrooms and a variable air volume system for the office spaces were installed.
- Two working lab rooms simulated hospital headboards with med gas outlets, blood pressure gauges, and heart monitoring equipment.
- Open collaborative student spaces for experiential learning.
- Telecommunications room infrastructure design and layout.
- Communications cabling infrastructure design was provided.