Creighton University Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Health Sciences Campus
Located in Park Central in Midtown Phoenix, Creighton University’s 180,000-square-foot health science campus fulfills a much needed role in Arizona’s medical community. The space is home to nearly 900 students that are seeking degrees in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, and physician assistant programs. The facility meets the University’s needs for expansion and the central Phoenix location makes it convenient for students doing their residencies and other studies at the nearby hospitals.
- Designed water source heat pump (WSHP) mechanical system with energy recovery dedicated outdoor air handling systems (DOAS).
- Simulated medical air gas and simulated electrical power outage systems were designed for an enhanced instructional experience.
- Anatomy lab that features laboratory ventilation and controls system for pressure control and environmental containment.
- Architectural lighting included network control system and tunable white and color changing lighting.
- Electrical power and fire alarm systems were designed to support various functions, including instructional, simulation, and socialization.
- Telecommunications systems entrance room and telecommunications throughout the building for terminating of cabling and mounting of network equipment.
- Backbone cabling between telecommunications spaces to support network connectivity throughout the building.
- Horizontal cable from telecommunications rooms to work area outlets (WAOs), such as network (voice and data) wall outlets, wireless access points (WAPs), and IP-based video surveillance cameras.
- Nurse call systems in simulated patient care areas include emergency stations, corridor lights, pull-cord stations, master stations, and headend electronic equipment.
Photography credit: Michael Robinson Photography