Canadian Valley Technology Center Cowan Campus
Addition: 55,540, Renovation: 54,000 GSF
In response to increased student demand and widespread county growth, the Canadian Valley Technology Center (CVTC) was granted a renovation and addition to its Cowan Campus. The Dr. Earl Cowan Campus expansion is located in Yukon and is home to the dedicated health care education program. This program has seen an increased enrollment demand of 30 percent over the years. Other programs added to the facility include bio-med, nursing, surgery, technology, and dental.
- Designed complete HVAC systems, consisting of air handling units in a mechanical room, air distribution ductwork, humidity controls, and piping systems.
- Fire protection systems were installed in accordance with applicable fire and life safety codes.
- Designed plumbing systems, including all plumbing fixtures, domestic water piping, domestic hot water generation, sanitary sewer, vent piping, and storm drain.
- Lighting and lighting control systems, including emergency egress lighting, were designed for the space.
- Electrical power distribution system and grounding system were installed.
- Designed the fire alarm and annunciation systems.
- Voice and data optical fiber backbone cable that runs from the campus’s main telecommunications rooms to the project’s telecommunications room.
- Voice and data horizontal cabling were installed to work area outlets in the building, including wireless access points and IP-based equipment, such as video surveillance cameras and campus emergency alerting equipment.
- Coordination of wireless access points and video surveillance camera locations with the Owner.
- Audiovisual and supporting infrastructure systems were included in classrooms, teaching labs, simulation labs, conference/training rooms, collaboration spaces, meeting rooms, and debrief rooms.
Photography credit: Eric Baker Photography