Omni Hotels & Resorts Oklahoma City Hotel
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Located in downtown Oklahoma City and adjacent to the 70-acre Scissortail Park, the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel features 605 luxurious guest rooms and is within walking distance from the entertainment in the Bricktown district, Paycom Center, and the Oklahoma City Convention Center. The hotel includes seven dining outlets, a full-service spa, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and an expansive pool deck.
- The integrated design and construction team collaborated from the very beginning to develop the project.
- Boilers and chillers for the HVAC system are located in a central plant while cooling towers are located on the roof.
- Designed a heating and cooling control system for the indoor/outdoor bars located on the first and third levels to temper the environment and maximize its usability. To conserve energy, control sequences shut off cooling or heating to these spaces when exterior doors are open.
- Air curtains are used at the loading dock to conserve energy by minimizing heat transfer from the conditioned shipping and receiving room to the loading dock.
- A carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide detection system controls the ventilation system for the enclosed parking garage.
- Electrical energy conservation methods included occupancy-sensing lighting controls in back-of-house areas and master light switches in guest rooms.
- A dimmable lighting control system was designed for all front-of-house spaces, including ballrooms, restaurants, spa, and meeting rooms.
- Ballrooms and meeting rooms feature removable sections of baseboard millwork that reveal power connections and cable pass-throughs.
- Electric ice melt systems were designed for the valet parking deck ramp.
- General areas provide fire protection by a wet-pipe sprinkler system, while the garage and outdoor amenity areas use a dry-pipe system.
Photography credit: Mark O’Tyson Photography, Inc.