Southwest Briefing Station
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Southwest Briefing Station is the newest division in the Oklahoma City Police Department. A bond issue provided the funding to split an existing division that covered a too-large, under-served area. Division boundaries were redrawn and 130 officers were assigned to the new facility.
- Design of heating and air conditioning systems from rooftop package equipment to furnace units, direct expansion cooling coils, and air cooled condensers.
- Design of electrical service entrance from 460volt/3-phase/four-wire to 208volt/3-phase/four-wire electrical service.
- The light-hazard fire protection sprinkler system was provided throughout the building.
- The facility was provided with an intelligent microprocessor-based, addressable fire alarm system complete with addressable control relays and remote connection software. The system has sensitivity monitoring and adjustment of all smoke detectors.
- Emergency power is supplied by a diesel-fueled engine generator to back up the entire building load. The engine generator is complete with double-wall, in-base fuel tank, radiator, silencer, and automatic transfer switch.
- The facility was provided with a complete voice and data telecommunications space and pathways.
Photography credit: Simon Hurst Photography