Temple Israel is a new Reform synagogue sited on a 14-acre parcel of what was a country club. Members of the Tri-Faith Initiative built a multi-faith neighborhood in west Omaha that includes three separate houses of worship: a mosque, a synagogue, an Episcopalian church, and a fourth building for interfaith collaboration.
- Modern, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly building systems (HVAC, lighting, sound, technology, kitchen and administrative) are integrated into the fully-compliant ADA building.
- Complete plumbing system was provided, including all underground piping and public mains consisting of sanitary waste piping, sanitary vent piping, domestic hot and cold water piping, and storm sewer piping.
- Facility is fully sprinklered. Sprinkler piping and head locations were closely coordinated to minimize their visibility.
- Pathways and rough-ins for voice and data and communications systems were provided for the facility.
- Closed-circuit surveillance cameras were located to monitor critical locations inside and outside the building.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography