University of Oklahoma College of International Studies
The College of International Studies was established in 1996 to coordinate and promote international activities and programs, enhance the international content of the curriculum, and increase the university’s outreach on international matters.
The project included the exterior renovation of the west façade, which is now the front door of the college and houses a 2-story lobby, elevator, and open stairs. A 3-story element was added to the west façade to house the dean’s and staff offices and a quiet study area on the first floor. New faculty offices and small conference and seminar rooms are on the second and third floors.
- Dedicated outdoor AHUs serve pre-conditioned air to chilled beams and fan coil units.
- Building utilizes energy recovery 100% outside air handling unit with total energy and sensible heat recovery wheels.
- A wet sprinkler system was provided throughout the entire building.
- Designed new lighting systems for the interior and exterior of the building.
- Converted the electrical distribution system from serving dormitories to the office and administration spaces.
- Designed rough-ins and pathways for voice and data systems.
Photography credit: Randy Alvarado Photography