Oklahoma State University Michael and Anne Greenwood School of Music
Considered one of the leading music facilities in the country, the Oklahoma State University’s Michael and Anne Greenwood School of Music houses classrooms, rehearsal spaces, teaching studios, and music laboratories, all featuring the latest technology and acoustics. The facility not only benefits current students, but allows for growth as the music program continues to recruit talent from around the world.
- Our design team gave special attention to the control of the air distribution, heat, and humidity, which can greatly effect both performers and sensitive musical equipment.
- Heating plant was designed to utilize high-efficiency, sequential, gas-fired boilers.
- Lighting and lighting control systems design, including emergency egress lighting, were provided.
- Fire alarm and annunciation systems design were provided.
- Electronic video surveillance system was designed to include cameras, cable, headend electronics equipment, content storage, and software.
- Technology coordination:
- Telecommunications services were designed to connect the building to the Oklahoma State University campus networks.
- Primary and secondary pathways were coordinated with the architectural team and electrical team to create efficiency without impacting aesthetics or acoustics.
Photography credit: Simon Hurst