Hilton Omaha Expansion and Renovation
The Hilton Omaha is a 4-star hotel strategically located adjacent to the CHI Health Center Omaha and is within walking distance of TD Ameritrade baseball stadium. The popular hotel consistently averages 90-95% occupancy each week, warranting the addition and necessary renovations. Since the building was in use throughout construction, close collaboration between the design team and construction team was necessary to overcome complicated issues related to a phased project.
- Many of the HVAC systems utilized for the guest room wing expansion were similar to those already in place for a less complicated and efficient design. As the original building was designed with a future expansion in mind, utilities provided to the hotel allowed for a much-simplified expansion.
- Project made use of variable frequency drives for motor control of air handling equipment, and CO2 sensing for controlling outside air system introduction for the ballroom air handling unit.
- Exterior equipment platform was constructed to eliminate the need to allocate space for mechanical equipment indoors. This concept allowed noise-producing mechanical equipment to be located away from the acoustically-sensitive ballroom spaces.
- Facility expansion and renovation spaces included:
- 300 new guest rooms
- Renovation of pre-function corridors including hotel suites’ restrooms.
- New parking garage including 100 additional spaces.
- Ballroom was constructed over existing building.
- New public restrooms