The Farnam Hotel
The Farnam Hotel will be a boutique hotel in the existing Landmark Center building in downtown Omaha. The hotel will utilize the basement, first, and second levels. It will include a ballroom, meeting space, fitness center, laundry facility, a signature restaurant, and a separate lounge area. The 15-story building will have 120 guestrooms on the 6th, 7th, 10th and 11th floors. Each guestroom will offer floor-to-ceiling views of the downtown area, including the current Heartland of America Park at the Riverfront. Alvine is also providing office space relocation design throughout the building to accommodate the hotel.
Alvine Engineering provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection engineering, as well as telecommunications systems and acoustical systems consulting. Specific details include:
- Converted the entire building from a central chiller system to Clearway district energy.
- Provided full MEP and technology services for the hotel that integrate with the existing building system.
- Provided acoustical consulting to drive decisions behind room construction to ensure a premium guest experience.
- Provided security for a mixed-use space, catering to office tenants and hotel guests.
- Provided architectural lighting for spaces in conjunction with interior design.
- Technology design services for the hotel that integrate with the existing building system.
- Acoustical consulting to drive decisions behind room construction to ensure a premium guest experience.
- Security for a mixed-use space, catering to office tenants and hotel guests.
- Audiovisual systems design for hotel amenity spaces such as restaurants, a lounge and fitness room, as well as two large meeting rooms and a large conference room.
Photography credit: Marriott Hotels