Marriott Marco Island Resort Hotel
Marco Island, Florida
333,000 GSF, 10 stories
The Marriott Marco Island Resort Hotel and Convention Center is the largest resort hotel on Marco Island. This property is the highest revenue-producing property under the Marriott flag. The project included a major renovation and expansion of the resort in excess of $150 million including the addition of guest rooms, amenity spaces, ballrooms, meeting spaces, and food service areas to the existing facility.
The property maintained operations—including guest rooms, amenity spaces, and conference/ballroom functions—during the renovation/expansion. Alvine Engineering and the design team developed a series of “90-day projects” facilitating selective demolition and enabling the larger renovation and addition project. This component included significant mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection infrastructure design. Detailed phasing plans were created to facilitate competitive pricing among the contractors and logical sequencing of construction.
- Design of HVAC systems to back-feed existing guest room towers and gain significant energy efficiencies.
- Design of utility infrastructure to enable continuous ongoing operations of existing facilities during demolition, renovation, and expansion.
- Innovative heating and cooling systems to improve overall efficiency and operating costs of the facility.
- Completion of the architectural lighting for the entire expansion and renovation.
- Design of all technology systems, including telecommunications, audiovisual, security, and access control.
- Coordination with local authorities and code officials regarding significant project complexities and variances required to successfully complete the project.
- Design of all MEP systems to sustain hurricane-force winds and sea salt environments.
Photography credit: Jeff Heron Photography
Photography credit: Michael Kleinberg Photography
Photography credit: Sammy Todd Dyess Photography