1713 Cuming Street
This former commercial property takes on a new life as an aging-in-place single-family residence, complete with ADA accessible elevator, bathroom, and living areas. Customized features added in the restoration of the property include a basement wine cellar and the creation of an open-concept space to allow outside light to filter throughout the two levels. A commercial grade stove, hood, and refrigerator were installed to accommodate a comfortable open space for entertaining.
Due to the unique position of the building on the property line and the placement of new windows, an innovative indoor fire sprinkler system was installed and customized to the unique space. This unique system protects both levels of the home, as well as the adjacent property.
- Air to air heat pump provides heating and cooling throughout both levels.
- Use of LED lights throughout, including dim to warm technology to emulate incandescent light bulbs.
- Zoned as two units to provide adequate temperature control.
- Complete fire sprinkler system.
- Several smart home technologies, including remote doorbell monitoring.
- Lighting in corridors and bathrooms is controlled by occupancy sensors for resident ease-of-use.