1415 @ The Yard Residential/Entertainment Development
Total: 134,500 GSF, Residential: 103,600 GSF, Retail: 6,600 GSF, Parking: 70 stalls
Blocks from the home of the College World Series, the building sits on the northern edge of The Yard, an urban redevelopment project. This mixed-use residential complex encourages a live/work/play lifestyle and contributes to the vibrant growth of north downtown Omaha.
The five-story structure has 110 studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment units. The project includes 6,600 square feet of ground floor retail, as well as a second-level amenity space and leasing office. A focal point of the building is a deck atop the indoor parking garage facing the downtown skyline and features a cybercafe and other amenities. Parking garage doors open up for “enhanced street activity” so the garage can be used for additional event space. This feature allows residents to enjoy the impressive north downtown area.
Alvine Engineering provided services and design elements that aligned with the developer’s vision and project requirements.
- Each residential unit has individualized electrical metered power.
- Energy-efficient heat pumps were installed for heating and cooling.
- To help reduce energy, LED lighting is utilized throughout the building.
- A 24,300-square-foot ground floor indoor parking garage is heated to help provide climate control.
- Provisions were included for future retail build-out.
- Full design of the leasing office located on the second floor.
Photography credit: Boyd Jones