CO2 on Tenth Street
Alvine Engineering provided MEP and fire protection engineering systems design for this new development in the heart of an established urban neighborhood. Located in downtown Omaha, “CO2 on Tenth Street” is a model for natural, urban living. All of CO2’s living spaces feature modern upscale design elements. Offering one- and two-bedroom apartments and a fantastic penthouse, CO2 spaces also include fireplaces, private balconies, and two bathrooms in each unit.
The first floor of the building houses Echo Coffee Shop which is open to the public. Community spaces include a gathering space, an outdoor fire pit, an herb and plant garden, and a dog run.
- The building is heated/cooled by means of gas-fired high efficiency furnaces with electric heat pump units located outside. An individual furnace with humidifier is provided for each unit.
- The temperature control system includes individual programmable thermostats provided in each unit.
- Wet sprinkler system is provided to all of the units and commons spaces. A dry sprinkler system services the garage.
- Hot water heaters are gas-fired and kitchens are supplied with natural gas.
- A data/equipment room located in a central area of the building houses various systems and provide a place for cabling distribution interconnection.
- A video surveillance DVR is located in an equipment room rack with the ability to monitor video via a web browser over remote WAN or LAN connected PC. The system is capable of motion activated recording with 30 days of video storage.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography