222 2nd Avenue
Office: 350,000 GSF, Retail: 25,000 GSF, Parking: 1,100 stalls
A new addition to Nashville’s downtown skyline, this mixed-use, 24-story, Class A office space sits across the street from the 11-acre West Riverfront Park and Amphitheater in SoBro.
Plans called for one floor of retail space to wrap around the building and an office lobby at ground level. The building also features 10 levels of above-ground parking with 14 floors of office space situated above the parking podium which utilizes an automated occupancy sensing feature.
- The building is pre-certified LEED Silver.
- The building utilizes high-efficiency lighting systems including daylighting control systems, LED lighting in the core and common spaces, and lighting controls integrated with building management system for optimal efficiency.
- Individualized energy metering for all retail tenants.
- High-efficiency harmonic mitigating transformers for power distribution to electronic and PC-based tenant equipment.
- Power density, exceeding industry standard, is available for tenant power needs to accommodate power intensive tenants such as financial trading firms, data center operations, etc.
- Accommodations for tenant generators to provide emergency operation centers for corporations.
- Diverse telecommunication service entrances provide reliability and redundancy of infrastructure for all data and telecommunication systems to the tenant level.
- Office levels are cooled by an optimized high efficiency chilled water system that performs 18% better than LEED baseline system.
- Retail cooling system isolated from office systems provides independent operation, maintenance, and emergency backup for critical cooler/freezer equipment.
- HVAC systems were designed to be flexible for tenants with and without ceilings to accommodate unique entertainment and creative office tenants in the Nashville market.
Photography credit: Chad Baumer Photography