Plaza on Fifth
Plaza on Fifth, a mixed-use facility, features shopping and dining on the first floor, upscale commercial space on the second floor, and luxury condominiums and townhomes on the upper four floors. The Plaza on Fifth also touts a roof-top garden for residential tenants that provides a beautiful panoramic view of downtown Coralville while reinvigorating the area with a trendy space to attract locals and tourists.
The connected theater is the first theatre facility for the City of Coralville. The 7,800-square-foot space is LEED Certified and features a proscenium-style theatre accompanied by a 480-seat auditorium and lobby.
- HVAC systems are unitary, separated metered systems.
- Provided complete plumbing infrastructure design for water, sanitary, and sewer.
- A wet sprinkler system with fire pump assembly was provided to include the theater and all other Plaza on Fifth spaces.
- Provided a complete analog addressable fire alarm system with voice evacuation.
- Provided two-head architectural grade wall-mounted battery fixtures for all defined paths of egress, including the parking garage, fire pump room, elevator lobbies, stair tower, main lobby, and residential corridors.
- Created designs for pathways, device locations, core systems designs for floors 1-3, and typical residential layout for floors 4-6.
- The building’s engineering is comprised of sustainable features such as water source heat pumps, lighting controls, and low-water usage plumbing fixtures.